Friday, June 29, 2007

Six Weeks And Counting ... Down

Six weeks from today we'll hold the last Mudge Seehausen Annual in Oxford. Should be fun. More fun than sad. James scanned some photos and I used them in an Evite. Then I decided, might as well have a blog for other photos, comments and reminisences.

Here are the pictures James sent:

The barn with the signature "Welcome Rodeo Fans" sign that he and his pals liberated from the Chenango County Fair some years back, when some of us actually did smoke Winstons. Girls mostly. Personally? I liked Old Golds or Pall Mall straights:



Then there was this picture of the festivities in the early 90s, with James in the foreground and Thedia and Jeff Mott and Rollie and Carl, I think, and...is that Rhys?... in the background:



Then, of course, James had to s
end along the picture of the barn on acid. Remember the 70s? Could have happened!


Remember?





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember?? It has been said that if you do remember, you likely weren't there! But I think that applied to the '60's and '70's decades as a whole.

But I do remember the Annuals - very fuzzy, but fondly as well. Some of my best memories of my (and our collective) mis-spent youth.

As time has past, friends and family have moved away or passed on - there have been fewer reasons/occasions to return to the burg on the Chenango. Like the changing of hands of your home, my family's home on S. Washington is no longer in the family. I can't express how incredibly happy I was to hear from James about this final get together at the house on 52 N. Washington and the Barn.

I look forward to seeing many old friends and familiar faces. Someone who just came to mind and this might be a question for Richard - does anyone know what became of Gary Judkins? I first met Gary through his brother who was a roomate of mine in college. Gary had a great and warm spirit about him.

See you all soon!
Dave